Working with individuals is about acknowledging their personas and the nature of multitude of relationships at play in their life.These relationships are factors in issues they are seeking to address. It is about seeking and identifying the patterns that are working and the ones that are not, so positive change can happen. This does require introspection, which may be frightening to some.
Introspection includes analyzing perspectives in the following ways:
1. Questioning existing ones.
2. Challenging their validity.
3. Releasing those that inhibit.
4. Expanding existing functional ones.
5. Discovering new perspectives.
6. Accepting, integrating, and balancing the old and new perspectives.